How to install iCamPro?
Before starting the installation, please make sure you use the power adapter coming with the iCamPro.
Make sure you have downloaded "Amaryllo" APP for your iOS or Android phone/tablet.
Follow the steps below to install the device -
1. Connect power cord to power up the device.
2. Wait for 50 seconds, until it finishes motor calibration/rotation.
3. Check the front blue light, if it's solid, your device has already been installed. Please follow "How do I revert the device to factory default settings" in order to reset the device first.
4. If the front blue light is blinking, it means the device is ready to be installed.
5. Open the "Amaryllo" APP on your phone/tablet. If you haven't installed any Amaryllo devices yet, the first page will offer you to choose the installation methods. If you already have installed a device prior, go to "Add Camera" on the main toolbar to proceed to the installation of the new device.
6. Choose the "Standard setup" as recommended, and then follow the instructions to fill in your WiFi network name (SSID) (2.4GHz only) and password, and a QR code will be generated on the screen.
7. Place the QR code which is on your phone/tablet in front of the iCamPro (10-30 cm in front of the lens of the device), a sound will indicate that the QR code has been read by the device.
8. The iCamPro will then try to connect to your WiFi network, and the APP will pair the device with the phone/tablet.
9. A congratulation message on the APP will then appear which will mean that the installation of the device is done successfully. Otherwise -
If you are prompted with "wrong password" audio message, please make sure you have the correct password of the Wifi network.
If you are prompted with "cannot connect to wireless network" audio message, please make sure you have the correct WiFi network name (SSID), or try to move the iCamPro closer to your WiFi access point.
Video links -
How do I revert the device to factory default settings?
1. Power up the device, wait 50 seconds until it finishes motor calibration/rotation.
2. There are some small holes at the bottom of the device.
The hole with "two arrows" sign is the reset button to "revert the device to its default factory settings".
3. Use a thin pin to stick it into the reset button hole, then press and hold for more than 5 seconds until you hear a beep sound.
4. Release the pin, the device will restart automatically.
5. After motor calibration/rotation, check if the front blue LED is blinking. If yes, the process is done.
How do I re-install the device if my APP on the phone is accidentally removed?
If you ever installed this device on other phone/tablet, you can transfer the administrative privilege from other phone/tablet by using the administrative QR code, please refer to "How to transfer administrative privilege to/from other phone/tablet".
Otherwise, you will have to reset the device (please refer to "How do I revert the device to factory default settings") and do the installation again.
How to transfer administrative privilege to/from other phone/tablet ?
If you have installed iCamPro on phone A, and want to transfer the administrative privilege to phone B, so both A and B can control this iCamPro, you can do so by the following steps -
1. From phone A, go to (iOS - Setting->MISCELLANEOUS/Administrative QR code, Android - Settings->About/Administrative QR code), to generate a QR code.
2. From phone B, go to "installation methods" page (if phone B hasn't installed any devices, this is the default page, otherwise choose "Add camera" to go to this page. Choose "Retrieve access from installed device" to scan the QR code generated from step 1.
Video link -
How to create/remove viewer privilege for other phone/tablet or browser ?
You can create a viewer account of your camera to share it with other users with a limited access such as "live streaming privilege" only. With viewer privileges, the user cannot change the device settings, nor receive notifications, or access to the cloud.
To create/remove a viewer, go to (iOS - Setting->MISCELLANEOUS/Viewers list, Android - Setting->Viewer/Views list).
There are different types of viewers -
a. App - The viewer is for mobile device use. A QR code will be generated for the new viewer and he will need to follow the procedure below to transfer the viewer privilege to the new phone - From the new phone, go to "installation methods" page (if the new phone hasn't installed any devices, this is the default page, otherwise choose "Add camera" to go to this page. Choose "Retrieve access of an installed device" to scan the generated QR code.
b. Browser (Single) - A pair of AMID/passcode will be generated for the viewer. User can visit https://live.amaryllo.eu and sign in with this AMID/passcode to access the device.
c. Browser (Multiple) - Same as Browser (Single) except that with this type, the AMID/passcode pair can be used on different PCs/Browsers, while Browser(Single) viewer only allows access on single PC.
Video link -
Instead of showing AMID, can I set a friendly display name for my device ?
After the installation of the device, its name will be displayed on the APP's upper-right corner. The default display name is the AMID. Instead of using the default name, you can choose and set something different for your device, such as "Living Room".
To change the display name, go to "Settings->About->Display name".
AMID is the unique ID used to identify each Amaryllo device. The AMID can be read from the bottom of iCamPro, with the format like iCRxxxxxx.
Why are there a blue and a green light LED on the device and what are they for?
1. Blue light
Solid on - Power up and system is starting up. If the device has already been installed, it will stay solid.
Blinking - The device is in factory default state ready to scan a QR code for installation. Or it means that it is ready to scan a QR code when you are using the "add WiFi" feature (refer to "How do I add another WiFi setting to iCamPro which has no network access ?").
Off - The device is in privacy mode or, of course, when power cord is not connected.
2. Green light
Solid on - When WiFi network is connected.
Blinking - When the device is trying to connect to your WiFi network, or during WPS setup.
Off - The system is starting up, in privacy mode, or the device has not been installed.
Both blue and light LED will be off if you turn off them intentionally from ( Settings/MISCELLANEOUS->LED indicators) .
How to install camera by using WPS (WiFi protected setup) ?
Please check the following guidelines before installation -
1. Make sure you are using the power adapter that comes with the iCamPro.
2. Make sure the device is in factory default state - front blue LED is blinking after power up and motors calibration/rotation process is finished . (refer to "How do I revert the device to factory default settings? ")
3. Have your Amaryllo APP installed on your phone/tablet.
Follow the steps below to install the camera using the WPS -
a. Plug in the power cord to power up the device.
b. Wait for 50 seconds until the motors finish calibration/rotation.
c. Make sure the front blue light is blinking.
d. The WPS button is in a small hole located at the bottom of the iCamPro. It is designated with a "wireless signal wave" sign. To trigger the WPS process, use a pin to stick it into the hole and press the button for more than 5 seconds until you hear a beep sound, then release the pin. The front green light will start blinking (fast).
e. Go to your access point, press the WPS button(check your router's users manual), let the device establish a WiFi connection to your WiFi network automatically. Normally there will be a 2-minute time window in which both parties (device and your access point) will try to connect to each other.
f. When the device get connected to wireless network, it will prompt with a "WiFi connected" audio message, and the green light will also become solid.
g. Start your APP, go to the "installation methods" page (the default page, if you haven't installed any device yet, or press the "Add camera" from the toolbar to go to the installation page), choose "Setup the camera using WPS" and follow the instructions to setup the camera.
Where to check the current APP and firmware versions?
Current APP and firmware versions are available under "Settings->About".
Any special firewall/router configurations needed to make iCamPro work?
iCamPro requires an Internet connection to work.
Unless you are in an environment which has a strict firewall policy, no further router configurations is required to make the iCamPro work. If you have setup a firewall, make sure to open up at least the TCP 443 port.
My device has been installed for a while, it used to work well, but now the device seems to have problems connecting to my WiFi network, why?
Please check if your device is connected to your WiFi network.
1. If the green light is solid, it means the device has no problem connecting to your WiFi network, the issue might must come from elsewhere - for example, the device connects to the WiFi network but router doesn't have Internet access.
2. If the blue light is solid and the green light keeps blinking, it could be caused by -
a. Your device is too far away from the WiFi Access Point, thus move it closer to your WiFi AP.
b. Your device does not have a correct SSID(WiFi network name) or password, please refer to ""How do I add another WiFi setting to iCamPro which has no network access ?"" to add a new WiFi network setting.
How do I know my device's current status?
Device status will be shown on the upper-right corner of the APP, it will be displayed described below -
1. Green - The device is online
2. Gray - The device status is unknown or offline.
3. Red - The device is in privacy mode.
Can I choose/set different pictures as my background for each installed devices?
You can change your device's ""wallpaper"" by pressing on the background button located on the main toolbar.
3 options are available -
a. Live video (It will take a snapshot from the live view and display it in the background)
b. Choose a picture from your photo album
c. Default background (device picture)
Video link -
What are the functions for each toolbar button?
You can swipe the toolbar of the main screen to display additional functions -
a. Privacy - Activate/Deactivate privacy mode which will turn the device into a sleep mode
b. Notifications - It will display snapshots, events, alert videos etc.
c. Cloud - Access your footage videos stored in Amaryllo Cloud/Google Drive.
d. Settings - Customize ,choose and configure all the features you wish to use.
e. Scheduling - Set scheduling rules to turn on or off the privacy mode.
f. Snapshot - Take an instant snapshot remotely, the taken picture will be available later in ""Notifications"".
g. Background - Set a different device background on the APP.
h. Add camera - Setup and add a new device or transfer and retrieve control privileges from other phones/tablet.
i. MP3 - Use your device as a speaker and play mp3 for entertainment.
j. Add WiFi - Generate a QR code to add another WiFi network setting to your device. Please refer to ""How do I add another WiFi setting to the iCamPro which has no network access ?"" for more details.
k. Help - User manual.
l. Delete - Remove the installed device from the APP. Be aware that will not revert the device to default settings. It will just erase the settings of the device on your phone, please follow ""How do I revert the device to factory default settings?"" to install the device on another phone.
Video link -
How do I add another WiFi access to the iCamPro which has no network access ?
(The procedures below apply only when your device has already been installed.)
You have two options -
Option 1: Add a new WiFi network via QR code.
a. On Amaryllo APP, select ""Add WiFi"" on the main toolbar, follow the instruction and input your WiFi network name (SSID) and password, which will generate a QR code which you will have scanned by the iCamPro.
b. On the iCamPro, there is a hole with a ""wireless signal wave"" sign at the bottom of the device. Use a pin to stick into the hole, press the button and hold for 1 second and release immediately (Don't press and hold for too long, otherwise you will hear a beep sound which will turn the device into WPS mode which has nothing to do with this procedure).
c. The front blue light should be blinking now, which means that the device is ready to scan your QR code. Place your QR code generated from the step ""a"" at 10-30 cm in front of the lens of the device, when you hear a beep sound, then the process is complete. The device will try to connect to the new WiFi network. Once it is connected, the front green light will stop blinking and will turn to solid light.
Option 2: Add a new WiFi network via WPS.
a. On iCamPro, there is a hole with ""wireless signal wave"" sign at the bottom of the device. Use a pin to stick into the hole, press the button and hold for more than 5 seconds until you hear a beep sound, device will then enter WPS mode, and green light will start fast blinking.
b. Go to your WiFi access point, press the WPS button (check your router's users manual), let the device to establish WiFi connection to your WiFi network automatically. Normally there will be a 2-minute time window, in which both parties (device and your access point) will try to connect to each other.
d. When device get connected to wireless network, it will prompt with a ""WiFi connected"" audio message, and the green light will also become solid. The WPS negotiated WiFi setting will be saved to device automatically.
Can I use a different power adapter than the one that comes with the iCamPro?
The answer is "No", this might make system unstable because some adapters may not provide enough power.
What kind of WiFi security does the iCamPro support?
The iCamPro supports the following WiFi securities.
open system (no security)
Does iCamPro support 5GHz WiFi connection?
No, iCamPro supports only 2.4GHz band.
Can I add multiple WiFi network accesses, so my device can switch automatically to other access point?
Yes, you can add multiple WiFi network access point to your device from (iOS: Settings->MISCELLANEOUS/Wi-Fi AP list. Android: Settings->Wi-Fi AP list) . With multiple WiFi network access point, the device will scan and choose the best signal automatically. The lower the item number of the WiFi setting in the access point list, the higher the priority.
How to restart my iCamPro remotely?
You can restart your device remotely only when your device is online. Please go to (Settings->MISCELLANEOUS/Reboot device).
Video link -
How to remove a camera from the APP?
Please select Delete button from the boolbar to remove a camera from the APP.
Video link -
How to check my current live video resolution?
The current live video resolution can be displayed on live screen - please go to (iOS: Settings->VIDEO CALL/Display resolution. Android: Settings->Miscellaneous/Display resolution.)
Why does the live video resolution keep changing ?
The live video resolution and bit rate will be adjusted automatically according to the real bandwidth between your APP (or Browser) and device. Depending on the network condition, the resolution may be changed between 360p, 480p, 720p and 1080p.
How much bandwidth is required for a live streaming connection?
The bandwidth requirements between the app (or browser) and device for each live video resolution are as follows:
360p - 300 kbps
480p - 600 kbps
720p - 900 kbps
1080p - 1400 kbps
I have 50Mbps/10Mbps Ineternet upload/download bandwidth, why still cannot see 1920x1080 (FHD) quality live video ?
If you are using an Android device, make sure you set the max live video resolution to 1080p - go to Settings->Miscellaneous/Max streaming resolution to change the max resolution to 1080p. Please note that some Android devices might not have enough computing power to handle 1080p video streaming, which can lead to connection problems and video/audio lags.
A bandwidth of 50Mbps/10Mbps is only one part of the pipe between the two parties (APP and device). Bottleneck may occur somewhere in the Internet or even your WiFi network (WiFi bandwidth may drop significant if your device is too far away from the AP). For testing purpose, to see 1080p resolution, you may want to put both app and your device under the same WiFi network, and both are moved very close to the WiFi AP.
Can I set a upper limit to my live video resolution?
For some phones/tablets, which might not have enough computing power to handle high resolution videos, you might want to limit the max live video resolution. Please go to
(iOS: Settings->VIDEO CALL/Max streaming resolution. Android: Settings->Miscellaneous/Max streaming resolution)
How do I control camera's pan and tilt movement?
On the app's live view window, you can swipe on the screen to control iCamPro's pan and tilt movement.
Press and hold your finger at the center of live view window for panoramic navigation and motor calibration - camera will make a circle.
Video link -
How to enable/disable two-way audio?
To enable/disable two-way audio -
On APP, go to (Settings->AUDIO/two-way audio)
If you are using an iOS device, please also make sure your phone/tablet's Microphone permission is enabled for Amaryllo APP from system's "Settings->Amaryllo->Microphone".
How many concurrent live connections are allowed for each device ?
A max of 2 concurrent live connections are allowed if two-way audio is disabled.
What's "home position"? How to setup ?
The home position is camera's pan and tilt positions where you want your camera to have its main focus on. The iCamPro will return to home position...
1. After system starting up
2. After live streaming
3. When motion tracking is enabled, and no object has been tracked for 10 seconds.
You can set the current pan/tilt position as "home position" on the app's live view window, by selecting the icon with a "vertical downward arrow" sign. The same button is also used for blockout/activity areas settings, if you don't want to set blockout/activity.
What are the blockout area and activity zone? How to setup ?
You can set home position and blockout/activity areas from the app's live view screen, by selecting the "set home position" icon (the icon with vertical downward arrow" sign).
By drawing blockout areas, you block out those areas you are not interested in, ignoring all the events happening in those areas.
By drawing activity zones, you specify those zones you are interested in. The device will only report on events happening in these zones.
Only one type of area can be drawn on the screen, and up to 4 areas are allowed.
To switch between different blockout areas and activity zones, please go to (iOS: Settings->ALERT/Alert Zones->Mode, Android: Settings->Alert detection->Alert Zones/Mode).
Blockout areas and activity zones will be effective only at the "home position". You will get an "activity alert" if there are any events (excluding those, which have been filtered out) been detected when blockout areas/activity zones are effective.
How does back motion sensors work?
If the back motion sensors are enabled and a motion is detected in the back while there is no object tracked or movement detected in the front, the camera will turn to the position where the back sensor detected the movement.
How does night vision work?
iCamPro detects environment illumination. If low illumination is detected (adjustable, go to iOS: Settings->MISCELLANEOUS/Sensitivity entering night vision. Android: Settings->Miscellaneous/Sensitivity entering night vision), iCamPro will then enter night vision mode in which IR LED will be on, and video color will turn to black and white for better image quality.
You can set the camera to not enter night vision by turning off the ""night vision"" settings at Settings->MISCELLANEOUS/Night vision.
Video link -
Q: How to adjust the sensitivity entering night vision?
Please go to (iOS: Settings->MISCELLANEOUS/Sensitivity entering night vision. Android: Settings->Miscellaneous/Sensitivity entering night vision).
What's the purpose of Motor Lock?
When Motor Lock is on, you cannot do pan and tilt control from live view screen.
Motor Lock can be turned on/off from (iOS: Settings->VIDEO CALL/Motor Lock. Android: Settings->Miscellaneous/Motor Lock.).
How to do firmware update?
When entering the "Settings" page, the Amaryllo app will display a 'new firmware available' message in case new updates are available. Just follow the instructions to do the firmware update.
Be noted that without a MicroSD card inserted, you can only update your firmware when the app and device are connected to the same WiFi network.
If my firmware gets corrupted during firmware update, how to recover?
Please follow the procedure below for the firmware update -
- Download file https://www.dropbox.com/s/nm6l8qckst66ih3/icampro_362.zip?dl=0
- Uncompress it to the root directory of a MicroSD card (capacity should be less than or equal to 32GB).
- Insert the card to iCamPro FHD.
- Plug in the power cord.
- Wait till front blue LED and green LED are blinking. (About 2 minutes)
- Unplug power cord.
- Take card out.
- Plug power cord again.
Where can I find the firmware release note?
From APP, please go to (Settings->About->Firmware version) for the release note.
Q: How to access my camera from browser?
1. Download the latest Firefox browser.
2. Please refer to "How to create/remove viewer privilege for other phone/tablet or browser?" to create a browser viewer and get a AMID/passcode pair for that viewer.
3. From Firefox, visit https://live.amaryllo.eu, add a camera instance and enter the AMID/passcode pair to access your camera.
From browser, can I watch more then one cameras at a time?
Yes, from Firefox browser you can create multiple live video instances at the same time.
What's the difference between the APP viewer and browser viewer? Multiple and Single type for browser viewer?
Please refer to "How to create/remove viewer privilege for other phone/tablet or browser?" for details.
How do I do motor control and two-way audio from browser?
For motor control, just drag the mouse cursor on screen for pan/tilt control.
For two-way audio, please
1. make sure your device's two-way audio setting is on.
2. move the cursor to the bottom of the screen, and select the "two-men-talking" icon on the toolbar to activate two-way audio.
What kind of alert types will my iCamPro report? When?
There are seven types of them -
1. Motion alert - triggered when movement is detected.
2. Audio alert - triggered when audio sound is greater than the threshold.
3. Activity alert - triggered when there are motion events detected in the activity zones or when blockout areas is effective. "Motion sensor" has to be enabled to make "Activity alert" work.
4. Face alert - triggered when human face is detected.
5. Offline/online notifications - the device will notify you once it's no longer connected to the power and/or Internet (offline), or is connected back (online).
6. Live streaming notifications - triggered when sending/stopping live streaming.
7. Privacy mode notifications - triggered when entering/leaving privacy mode.
The settings for offline/online, live streaming and privacy mode notifications are off by default, to enable these notifications, please go to (iOS: Settings/EVENTS->System event notifications. Android: Settings/Alert detection->System event notifications.).
Video links -
How do I turn off alert notifications while still be able to see pictures/event/videos when selecting "Notifications" from toolbar?
Please go to "iOS: Settings->ALERT/Alert Notification->Alert notification. Android: Settings->Alert detection/Alert Notification Policy/Do not send me notification", to stop the device from sending notifications.
What is notification policy?
You can set ""notification policy"" to define the notification sending behaviors.
Here are the provided options-
1. turn off alert notification.
2. send notification for every event.
3. Set a timer (Silent Period), and device will send notification if no events were been detected during the past configured period.
How to enable alert with video clips?
You have to subscribe to Amaryllo Cloud Gold or Platinum plan to enable video alert. When video alert is enabled, the iCamPRO will generate a short video clip for that event to replace the snapshot.
How to enable recording? How to know if my device's recording function is working correctly?
"1. Make sure you have a MicroSD card inserted.
2. Check MicroSD card status from ""iOS: Settings->SD CARD/Status. Android: Settings->Recording/SD card"". The status has to be Good, otherwise you can try formatting MicroSD card by selecting ""iOS: Settings->SD CARD/Format SD Card. Android: Settings->Recording/SD card/Format SD Card"".
3. Turn on ""recording"" from ""iOS: Settings->RECORDING/Recording. Android: Settings->Recording/Recording"".
4. Wait for 20 seconds, refresh recording status by selecting ""iOS: Settings->RECORDING/Status. Android: Settings->Recording/Status"", make sure it's ""Recording""."
Video link -
What other functions will not work if I disable recording?
The following functions require recording to be on -
1. Amaryllo Cloud/Google Drive upload
2. Alert with video clip
How do I activate Amaryllo Cloud/Google Drive ?
Before starting the Amaryllo Cloud/Google Drive setup, you will need to prepare -
a. A gmail account. (This is required for both Amaryllo Cloud and Google Drive)
After installation, select the “Cloud” icon from the toolbar, and follow the instructions to setup Amaryllo Cloud or Google Drive, you will be requested to provide your gmail account in the middle of the Cloud setup.
You can go to “iOS: Settings->GOOGLE ACCOUNT/google account. Android: Settings->GOOGLE ACCOUNT” to set up or change your gmail account too.
You have two upload mode options to select -
1. Continuous - upload all recorded videos to the cloud. The maximum length of each continuous mode uploaded video file is 12 minutes.
2. Event - upload videos with events detected. The maximum length of each event mode uploaded video file is 5 minutes.You can also specify your preferred resolution to record the video. In a network environment where the bandwidth is low, continuously upload high resolution videos may jam the traffic.
What's the differences between Amaryllo Cloud Basic, Gold and Platinum plans?
"There are three different plans for Amaryllo Cloud:
Basic - uploaded videos will be kept for 24 hours.
Gold - uploaded videos will be kept for 30 days.
Platinum - uploaded videos will be kept for 365 days.
Video alerts will be enabled when you subscribe to Amaryllo Gold or Platinum plan, "
Why don't I see any videos uploaded to my Amaryllo Cloud/Google Drive?
The most common reasons why videos cannot be uploaded to the cloud successfully are:
1. No MicroSD card insert into your device.
2. A MicroSD card is insert, but the file system is not supported/ is corrupt. In this case, please try to reformat the MicroSD card, from (iOS: Settings->SD CARD/Format SD Card. Android: Settings->Recording/SD card/Format SD Card)
3. Recording settings is off.
4. Normally videos will take some time to be uploaded to the cloud, depending on the upload mode (continuous or event mode), and network condition. The range may vary from several minutes to 15 minutes or even longer.
5. The Internet connection is down or not stable.
What are the differences between event mode and continues mode upload?
1. Continuous - upload all recorded videos to cloud. The maximum length of each continuous mode uploaded video file is 12 minutes.
2. Event - upload only videos in which there are events detected. The maximum length of each event mode uploaded video file is 5 minutes.
How does intruder alarm/greeting function work?
You can select a customized or default audio to play as alert whenever an event is detected. The customized audios have to be stored in the /music folder in your inserted MicroSD card. Only .mp3 and .wav audio formats are supported.
How to use iCampro as a mp3 player?
1. Place your audio files in a folder on the MicroSD card named "/music", then insert the MicroSD card to your device.
2. Select “Mp3” button from the toolbar to select and play mp3 files.
What's the purpose of privacy mode? How to make it work?
In privacy mode, the device is in disarmed state, no video recording, no alerts and live video are all turned off.
You can set a device enter privacy mode by either selecting the “Privacy” button from toolbar to enter/leave privacy mode or setting the scheduling rules to control when to enter/leave privacy mode. Please refer to “How to create scheduling rules? What functions does it support? How does it work?” for the details.
In privacy mode state, both front blue and green lights will be off, the iCamPro will turn to rightmost position, and a stop sign indicator will be shown on your APP.
Video link -
How to create scheduling rules? What functions does it support? How does it work?
You can edit scheduling rules by select “Scheduling” button from toolbar.
Privacy mode control is now supported in the scheduling, more features will be added into the control in the future. A maximum of 4 rules can be created. The rules will stay active until deleted/inactivated. If you set a schedule for a Monday it will be active on every Monday, this goes the same for every other day.
Can I create a scheduling rule for several days?
Yes, you can create a rule for multiple days, for example you can create a rule “entering privacy mode at Wednesday 1700 and leaving privacy mode at Friday 0900”
How to configure the rule if I want it to apply to an entire day, for example a Wednesday?
You can configure it as followed: StartTime=0, EndTime=0 on Wednesday.
What will happen when I make the rule's start time later than the end time on the same day?
If the start time is later than the end time, the schedule will finish on the next day. For example if you specify StartTime=2300, EndTime=0900 on Wednesday, the schedule will start at Wednesday 2300 and end at Thursday 0900.